Digital Detox


 I've done the 'take a break from electronics' a couple times before. Now, I would say 'it didn't really happen this time', but realistically, I just didn't feel like it. Maybe I just have a pretty boring life, but there's not much else I really want to do with that time, and I haven't really gotten much out of the experience before.

I did use to be a huge reader of books, but I've grown to prefer watching stories instead. I'm a really fast reader and therefore read them way too quickly; so watching TV or movies lets me have a lot more idle time to think about the story or thoughts it provokes. (Not to mention most of what I would read these days would also be online!) I like writing and listening to music, but screens make both of those things a lot easier for me. Most of my social life revolves around doing stuff over the internet (especially during the pandemic and all), so taking that away is a pretty strong negative, and I live out in Metchosin, so it's not like I'm gonna go and walk anywhere to do something. I could go for a nice little nature walk, but I already do that when the fancy strikes anyways.

I don't know, I just don't really subscribe to the belief that screen time is poisoning our lives. Maybe I'm just weird for this, but I honestly find that it enriches mine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Virtual Reality

Marshall McLuhan